Friday, February 24, 2012

A question about group structure?

hi, all
I have one report like this:
Students Scores For Class 1
StudentID StudentName Age Score......
......
Average:......
Students Scores For Class 2
StudentID StudentName Age Score......
......
Average:......
...
For this report, I need to show StudentID StudentName..... on every
page as header, but Students Scores For Class only show once for each
class.
So, in this case, the structure would be:
GroupHeader --> Students Scores For Class 2
--> StudentID StudentName Age Score......
TableDetail ......
GroupFooter -- >Average:......
What would the StudentID, StudentName.... be in order to show it on
each page? Do I need to create one more group?
Thanks.Hi, Nick
When you go to 'Edit Group..." have you select 'Repeat group header on each
page'?
"Nick" <nick_1394@.yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message
news:1137454724.899667.184760@.g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> hi, all
> I have one report like this:
> Students Scores For Class 1
> StudentID StudentName Age Score......
> ......
> Average:......
> Students Scores For Class 2
> StudentID StudentName Age Score......
> ......
> Average:......
> ...
>
> For this report, I need to show StudentID StudentName..... on every
> page as header, but Students Scores For Class only show once for each
> class.
> So, in this case, the structure would be:
> GroupHeader --> Students Scores For Class 2
> --> StudentID StudentName Age Score......
> TableDetail ......
> GroupFooter -- >Average:......
> What would the StudentID, StudentName.... be in order to show it on
> each page? Do I need to create one more group?
> Thanks.
>|||hi, thanks for your reply.
I think if I select the repeat header, it will repeat "Students Scores
For Class 2" too on each page, right? I only want to repeat "StudentID,
StudentName... " this header on each page. The "Students Scores For
Class 2" is above this header, and I only want it to display once in
the whole report.|||Nick,
I'm not sure of the syntax (I'm a SQL guy, not VB) but it seems like
you need to set the visibilty property for your first group heading
line to be False (i.e. Hidden = False) only when then value in your
group field changes. I know this is pretty vague and incomplete but
maybe somebody better in VB can pick it up from here...

No comments:

Post a Comment