Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ability to schedule job across Domains

Situation: I have to copy data from a host SQL Server and place it onto my
SQL Server. We have an intermediary box with Console installed with both SQL
Servers registered. I have setup a DTS that performs the transfer.
Problem: I can run the DTS manually but when I schedule the job to run
automatically I get an error message that the job cannot be run because the
user is a nonSysAdmin.That is because the context of the package is different when you run it as a
job, instead of you running it. See if this helps:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;269074&sd=tech
--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
SQL Server Articles and Code Samples @. http://vyaskn.tripod.com/
"bssolutions" <bssolutions@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D1FAB676-20A5-4DE1-A20E-90C5114A10BB@.microsoft.com...
Situation: I have to copy data from a host SQL Server and place it onto my
SQL Server. We have an intermediary box with Console installed with both
SQL
Servers registered. I have setup a DTS that performs the transfer.
Problem: I can run the DTS manually but when I schedule the job to run
automatically I get an error message that the job cannot be run because the
user is a nonSysAdmin.|||Since the 1st box is accessed thru VPN, we have a 2nd box that acts as the
connecting device with console and is outside our domain, and the 3rd box is
inside our domain with SQL installed. I made the login, for test purposes a
member of sysadmin. This allowed me to schedule the job and it would run as
scheduled but now I get a message that it cannot find the server referenced
(a simply sql statement is my test to the 1st box).
Here is what the job history tells me:
Executed as user: TEST1\SYSTEM. DTSRun: Loading... DTSRun: Executing...
DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1 DTSRun OnError:
DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1, Error = -2147467259 (80004005) Error
string: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or
access denied. Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Help file: Help context: 0 Error Detail Records: Error:
-2147467259 (80004005); Provider Error: 17 (11) Error string:
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access
denied. Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Help file: Help context: 0 DTSRun OnFinish:
DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1 DTSRun: Package execution complete. Process
Exit Code 1. The step failed.
Thanks a bunch for you help on this.
"Narayana Vyas Kondreddi" wrote:
> That is because the context of the package is different when you run it as a
> job, instead of you running it. See if this helps:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;269074&sd=tech
> --
> HTH,
> Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
> SQL Server Articles and Code Samples @. http://vyaskn.tripod.com/
>
> "bssolutions" <bssolutions@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D1FAB676-20A5-4DE1-A20E-90C5114A10BB@.microsoft.com...
> Situation: I have to copy data from a host SQL Server and place it onto my
> SQL Server. We have an intermediary box with Console installed with both
> SQL
> Servers registered. I have setup a DTS that performs the transfer.
> Problem: I can run the DTS manually but when I schedule the job to run
> automatically I get an error message that the job cannot be run because the
> user is a nonSysAdmin.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment