Sunday, March 25, 2012

A weird problem - Need URGENT HELP

Hello All,

Greetings!

I have been using the VS2005/SQL 2005 for over a year to develp an application. This is completly a web application and pretty simple and straight forward.

Here is the situation:

(1) Including myself, one more user is logging on.

(2) We both are querying different departments and adding employees to the department.

For example: I query a dept# 101 and the other users querying dept# 102.

(3) When I commit my changes, I am getting the data saved into the table what other user queried in.(Instead of my dept# 101, I am getting dept#102 saved in the table.). The records that are commited using the stored prodedure, simple insert statement and they are between BEGIN TRAN and COMMIT TRAN.

(4) I trapped the sql command using the SQL profiler but I am in the need of some help to overcome.

Is there any SQL Server agent to be tweaked in? OR anything to do with IIS?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Amritha

Very difficult to say without more info, but my gut instinct is its not SQL server thats the issue here.

Have you tried running the stored procedures outside of the application? Do they give the correct results?

Is it a standard stored procedure or CLR stored procedure?


Post the sql code back here and it might help.

|||

Thank you so much for the response. I figured out the problem. Some of our colleagues declare variables as static and hence the reason. It should have been as session variables.

Again, I appreciate your time.

Regards,

Amritha

No comments:

Post a Comment