Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Abnormal RDA.pull termination

Hi ,.

I am facing some issues with my RDA app.

The process of events are something like below:

1) The program shows a set of options in a combobox.Then navigate to the next page . After some processes, it should come back to the form with combobox.

2)The datasource of combobox is a table which is pu

lled down eachtime when the page is loaded.

The program works fine when the page is loaded for the first time.But on second time , exactly on rda.Pull mthod it terminates even without an error message.

The local db is deleted before each pull operation.

if(File.Exists("\\My Documents\\Rda.sdf"))

File.Delete(\\My Documents\\Rda.sdf);

The rda pull line is :

rda.Pull("Stores", "select * from Stores", rdaOleDbConnectString, RdaTrackOption.TrackingOff);

rda.Dispose();

Can anyone tell me what is going wrong....?

Hi,

I found the answer.

The issue was with the RDA object that was created in the original form.

Initially I forgot to dispose the rda object after pull. i.e,

rda.Dispose();

When I am returning to the same form this object reference was in conflict with the new one during the second RDA pull method.

When I added the RDA dispose code , all was working well.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment