Sunday, March 25, 2012

A weird maintenance problem.

I have a small database that is causing my maintenance plans to hang. There
are no errors logged and it does not eventually quit, it just hangs. If I
rename the database, it works fine, but then fails again when named back. I
dropped the db and looked in Master and msdb, but found no references to the
database name (at least in the few sys tables I looked in). Any ideas?
Send more info about the problem. If the database fails only with a
specific name, what this name is? Which version of SQL Server? Which
activities are you doing in your maintenance plan? Check on your log to see
which activity and database is hanging (log shows messages like dbcc
checkdb(db), Database backed up: Database: db, etc).
Ben Nevarez, MCDBA, OCP
Database Administrator
"Shawn" wrote:

> I have a small database that is causing my maintenance plans to hang. There
> are no errors logged and it does not eventually quit, it just hangs. If I
> rename the database, it works fine, but then fails again when named back. I
> dropped the db and looked in Master and msdb, but found no references to the
> database name (at least in the few sys tables I looked in). Any ideas?
>
>
|||Thanks, but I think I got it. I rebuilt the database and then had to restart
SQL to clear something (I don't know what) out of memory. Now it works fine.
"Ben Nevarez" <BenNevarez@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9686B3F0-4AD7-4A46-A332-5717AB97EE07@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Send more info about the problem. If the database fails only with a
> specific name, what this name is? Which version of SQL Server? Which
> activities are you doing in your maintenance plan? Check on your log to
> see
> which activity and database is hanging (log shows messages like dbcc
> checkdb(db), Database backed up: Database: db, etc).
> Ben Nevarez, MCDBA, OCP
> Database Administrator
>
> "Shawn" wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment