Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A request to send data to the computer running IIS has failed

Hi,

I Have an application for Pocket PC 2003 developed in Visual Studio 2003(VB.Net , Smart Device App). I Use Sql Server CE as the database which Synchronizes with Sql Server 2000, SP4. The IIS and the Sql Server 2000 are in different Machines. I Have Installed the proper Sqlserver Ce in the IIS machine and created virtual directory with Basic authentication.I connect my device through Active Sync 3.7. I could browse the sscesa20.dll from Pocket IE and get the ' SQL Server CE Server Agent ' message. The PC to which my pocket PC is connected is under a Proxy.

When I tried the RDA.Pull() , the function fails and returns the error
" Error Code: 80072EE7
A request to send data to the computer running IIS has failed. For more information see HRESULT. [,,,,,]
Minor Error : 28037
Source: Sql Server 2000 Windows CE Edition. "

The same application works in other network which is not under a proxy.

Any clues ?

Thanks,
Jibu
eSystem Software

What happens if you try to use InternetProxy, InternetProxyLogin, ...etc.

Thanks,

Laxmi Narsimha Rao ORUGANTI, MSFT, SQL Everywhere, Microsoft Corporation

|||

Hi Laxmi Narsimha Rao,

Yes. That was exactly the problem, which I had rectified sometimes back. Any way thanks for the reply.

Thanks,

Jibu

|||

Glad to hear that things are working fine from your end.

Thanks

Laxmi Narsimha Rao ORUGANTI, MSFT, SQL Everywhere, Microsoft Corporation

|||

I am attempting to run (on the emulator) a starterkit application for Pocket PC 2003 SE that I downloaded which uses replication/merge. I received the following error:

" Error Code: 80072EE7
A request to send data to the computer running IIS has failed. For more information see HRESULT.
Minor Error : 28037

Source: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition. "

You recommended to use InternetProxy, InternetProxyLogin, etc.

What do you mean by that?

|||

Hi,

i have created publication on server.and when i try to create sql server mobile subscription on my machine, i get following error:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

A request to send data to the computer running IIS has failed. For more information, see HRESULT.
HRESULT 0x80072EE2 (28037)


BUTTONS:

OK

my machine and server are on different.

i am able to get "SQL Server Mobile Server Agent 3.0" message when i run /sqlcesa30.dll" href="http://links.10026.com/?link=http://_253cserver_name_253e/_253Cvirtual_dir_253Esqlcesa30.dll" target=_blank>http://<server_name>/<virtual_dir>sqlcesa30.dll through Internet explorer
what should i do now.please help me.

|||

This is a solution which I found online and it works for me.

1.

Click Start, click Run, type firewall.cpl, and then click OK.

2.

In the Windows Firewall dialog box, click the Advanced tab.

3.

In the Network Connection Settings box, click the connection that your computer uses, and then click Settings.

4.

In the Advanced Settings dialog box, click Web Server (HTTP), and then click Secure Web Server (HTTPS).

Note For additional information about when you must allow users to access the Secure Web Server (HTTPS) on your computer, see the "More Information" section.

5.

Click OK.

6.

In the Windows Firewall dialog box, click OK.

|||

Hi,

I am getting following error

"A request to send data to the computer running IIS has failed. For more information, see HRESULT."

I have SSL on Proxy Server which redirect the request to web server. Communication between Client and Proxy use SSL but the communication between PROXY and Web Server is normal (without SSL). I installed Sql Server Mobile Tool on Web Server and configured virtual directory without SSL and Basic Authentication. When client hit this URL from out side of the world, it must go through SSL on Proxy. When I directly go to URL (https://website/test/sqlcesa30.dll) on web browser, it's working fine. But when i use it in my .Net code i am getting error as above.

Same code is working without SSL on proxy.

Can you please tell me what could be the problem?

Thanks & Regards,

D

No comments:

Post a Comment